The AMI “Data, AI and Health Care Pathways” was presented on September 5 at the PariSanté Campus innovation and research campus, which will open on December 14, 2021. Launched by the Comité Stratégique de Filière des Industries et Technologies de Santé, the AMI aims to identify, on French territory, disruptions in healthcare pathways based on AI and data. Applications can be submitted until November 4 on the platform with the link https://ami-data-ia-parcours.selecteev.io/
This AMI is part of the “AI and Health” program of the CSF-ITS and the strategic industry contract signed between the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industrial and Digital Sovereignty, the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and the Ministry of Health and Prevention, the industrialists represented by the FEFIS, the French Federation of Health Industries, and the trade unions CFDT and FO.
The Strategic Committee for the Health Industries and Technologies (CSF-ITS)
The Health Industries and Technologies sector includes all French companies involved in research, development, production and marketing in the health sector: pharmaceutical laboratories, medical devices, in vitro diagnostics, publishers and digital companies.
Multiple medical technologies, innovative diagnostics and therapies as well as more easily exploitable data, notably thanks to AI and connected objects, are the major challenges of tomorrow for this economic sector. The “AI and Health” program of the CFS-ITS aims to make France a reference ecosystem in the application of digital analysis technologies for research and the development of health data, for the effective emergence of personalized and precision medicine.
The first achievements of the program have allowed, between 2019 and 2021 to:
- Enhance the value of shared data and build the economic model of the Health Data Hub (HDH);
- Develop the use of real-life health data as an aid to decision-making and orient stakeholders on the different types of real-life health data sources and on health algorithms.
The 2022 ambition is to accelerate the use case “Data, AI and Health Pathways”
The “Data, AI and Health Pathways” AMI.
This call aims to identify and support projects proposing disruptive innovations based on the use of health data in order to improve health care pathways, bring together actors in the field (health, digital, public …), federate and structure the AI and Health sector. The main objectives are therefore:
● In the short term, to analyze health pathways to target disruptions and propose innovations based on complementary solutions from the health industry family, (for example, diagnostics and medicines or connected objects and personal services) ;
● In the medium term, to propose innovative business models around these solutions;
● In the long term, to strengthen the dialogue between national public and private healthcare players, to focus the creativity of an economic fabric around shared issues around disruptions in the healthcare pathway, and create value in France.
Bringing pilot projects to life and placing them in an overall perspective
Two pilot projects have already been launched at the CSF-ITS level: the IMPACT pilot project on mental health and the Hepatitis C pilot project. The AMI aims to bring out new pilots that can be based on several sources of health data, in compliance with the regulations:
- Data from the national health data system (SNDS);
- Data from connected objects;
- Data from cohorts, registries or hospital health data warehouses.
This AMI is aimed at any actor in the health sector involved in data exploitation and health pathways. The candidates’ profiles can be :
● healthcare industrialists;
● consortia of private actors;
● consortia already made up of private and public players in the healthcare sector.
Open until November 4, the pre-selection phase of applications will begin the next day and end on the following December 6, oral presentations will take place from December 12 to 16, the announcement of selected projects on January 6, 2023.