This year’s Soph.I.A. Summit will take place from November 17 to 19, 2021. Organized by the Université Côte d’Azur, the Communauté d’Agglomération de Sophia Antipolis and the Sophia Club Entreprises, with the support of the Alpes Maritimes department, this 4th edition of the major international meeting place for artificial intelligence will once again bring together leading international experts from the academic world as well as from companies.
The Soph.I.A. Summit is back for a 4th edition that promises to be very rich. The symposium will take place from November 17 to 19 in Sophia Antipolis, Europe’s leading technology park, and also online, to discover the latest advances in the field of artificial intelligence as well as the projects selected as part of the call for project submissions launched for the Soph.I.A Summit. The scientific ecosystem was once again present and more than 50 applications were sent and studied by the scientific committee.
International experts gathered around artificial intelligence
During this international conference, proposed in a hybrid format, AI applications will obviously be discussed, with a focus on medical and biological research, sustainable development, mobility and intelligent territories. The full programme will be presented shortly and will be available on the Soph.I.A Summit website: https: //univ-cotedazur.eu/events/sophia-summit/program
Among the renowned experts already announced at the event are:
- Charles Bouveyron, Director of 3IA Côte d’Azur, who will be the chairman of the AI and Fundamentals session,
- Hervé Delingette, Inria Research Director, who will be the chairman of the AI and Health session
- Pierre Alliez, Inria Research Director, who will be the chairman of the Smart Territory, Security & Safety session
- Ellen Van Obberghen-Schilling, Inserm Research Director, who will chair the AI & Biology session
- Sebastien Ourselin, King’s College London
- Francesca Rossi, IBM Fellow – IBM AI Ethics
- Juliette Raffort, CHU Nice – 3IA Chair
- Joshua Gans, University of Toronto
- Alexandre Bayen, UC Berkeley
- Anna Kreshuk, European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Lucilla Sioli, European Commission (“Artificial Intelligence and Digital Industry”)
- Laurent Daudet, LightOn
- Matthias Nießner, Technical University of Munich
- Gabriel Peyré, CNRS
- Alan Moses, University of Toronto
The Soph.I.A Summit, a quality meeting
The Soph.I.A Summit is one of the leading meetings for A.I. experts and brings together every year international experts from the academic world and leading companies. The event allows researchers to present their research and share their thoughts on artificial intelligence, its development and its impact on several current and future fields.
Last year, due to the health situation, the third edition of this international conference was held from November 16 to 21, 2020 in 100% digital. The Université Côte d’Azur, the Communauté d’Agglomération de Sophia Antipolis and the Sophia Club Entreprises, with the support of the Alpes Maritimes department, managed to organize a high quality event with a great turnout of both speakers and the public. The conference was part of SophIA Week, a week dedicated to AI that allows different audiences (academic, economic but also citizens) to learn and share their experiences on the current and future applications of this technology.
Registration and information on the event’s website: https: //univ-cotedazur.eu/events/sophia-summit/registrations