On October 6, 2021, Bpifrance launches through the Deeptech generation platform, a major event around innovation and technology. “Deeptech sees BIG” invites students and PhDs to come to the Accor Arena in Paris, but also live streaming, in order to better grasp all the challenges that deeptech startups face on a daily basis. 16 speakers will be present to give their opinion and bounce back on the subject.
A deeptech event for today’s and tomorrow’s players
“It’s your turn to revolutionize the world of tomorrow” is the credo of the Deeptech sees BIG, an event that will take place on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at the Accor Arena in Paris, between 10am and 12:30pm. It invites students and doctoral students, whom it considers to be the future, to sign up for this morning where all the deeptech challenges will be highlighted in several sectors: ecology, environment, agri-food, health, etc.
The event highlights the fact that technologies are already present in healthcare, environmental protection, new ways of consuming, and wishes to “break the prejudice” of the inaccessibility of these technologies. It also invites researchers, startups, entrepreneurs, but also actors of the ecosystem to participate in this day under the sign of deeptech.
Bien dans ma thèse, la fête de la science, PhDTalent, Audencia Business School, la conférence des directeurs des écoles françaises d’ingénieurs (cdefi), CentraleSupélec, Université Paris Saclay, la conférence des grandes écoles, Arts et Métiers, Grenoble Management School, IESEG, KEDGE Business School, Skema Business School, Sorbonne University, TBS, Udice and Université de Paris are the partners of the Deeptech sees BIG.
16 personalities from the world of innovation, deeptech and education
Here is the list of the 16 speakers who will follow one another to highlight all the challenges that deeptech start-ups are taking part in today to better revolutionize the world of tomorrow:
- Georgio Anania, President and CEO of Aledia
- Alexandra Boussomier, President and CEO of ImVitro
- Eric Carreel, Chairman and founder of Withings, Sculpteo, Invoxia and Zoov
- André Choulika, Chairman and CEO of Cellectis Group
- Matthieu and Pierre Desjardins, co-founders of C12 Quantum Electronics
- Xavier Duportet, President and CEO of Eligo Bioscience
- Paul-François Fournier, Executive Director of the Innovation Department of Bpifrance
- Benjamin Gonzalez, Chairman and CEO of METabolic EXplorer
- Joanne Kanaan, President and CEO of Omini
- Etienne Klein, Director of the CEA’s research laboratory on the sciences of matter
- Justine Lipuma, President and CEO of MYCOPHYTO
- Iza Marfisi, lecturer at the University of Le Mans
- Matthieu Masselin, President and CEO of Wandercraft
- Sylvie Menezo, President and CEO of SCINTIL Photonics
- Antoine Petit, President and Director of CNRS
- Frédérique Vidal, Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
Below, find the program of the event:
- From 10:00 to 10:30 a.m. – “Entrepreneurship is changing the world”: focus on entrepreneurship and the will to choose a direction to change one’s ecosystem to build another tomorrow.
- From 10:30 to 11:10 a.m. – “Researching is undertaking the future”: a look back at the history of science, at the discoveries and innovations of researchers who decided to undertake the future, such as Marie Curie, Steve Jobs, Hubert Antoine and Stéphane Bancel.
- From 11:10 to 11:50 a.m. – “To be a researcher is to decide to be a researcher”: to understand what is at stake in research for the future and to push back the frontiers of the possible.
- From 11:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – “Are you in?”
It is possible to register for the event by following the link below.